Have I got an easy weeknight dinner for you!
Grilled pork tenderloin is fabulous and I make it often in the summer, but I’ve always grilled the tenderloin whole; I never thought to slice it and skewer it until now. It cooked in no time (although I did marinate it for a bit) and turned out great! The scallions were a lovely flavor complement and also a nice way to separate the pork slices.
I served it with a cucumber and feta cheese salad, and the whole meal felt like the perfect way to bid summer adieu!
I hope that you enjoy these last weeks of summertime and look forward, with excitement, to the pleasures of autumn!
Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Scallion Skewers (GF)
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 5 scallions cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Zest the lemon into a medium bowl and squeeze in the juice (it should yield approximately 3 Tbsp of juice). Add the garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Thinly slice the pork tenderloin on a diagonal and add the pork and the scallions to the marinade. Allow to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Thread the pork and scallions onto skewers and grill until just cooked through, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.